The GUC is a private Egyptian university organized as a foundation funded by Egyptian investors. The partnership with University of Stuttgart and Ulm University is based on a cooperation agreement. Other partners are the University of Tübingen and University of Mannheim.
The chairman of the Board of Trustees is Prof. Ashraf Mansour, vice-chairman is Prof. Hans Wolff. The members are Egyptian and German prominent figures from politics and science. The German members include for example:
- The presidents of Ulm University and University of Stuttgart, Prof. Michael Weber and Prof. Wolfram Ressel
- The German ambassador to Egypt, H.E. Georg Luy
- The Secretary General of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Dr. Dorothea Rüland
- Prof. Peter Frankenberg, former Minister of Science, Research and the Arts of Baden-Württemberg
- Prof. Hans Wolff, Former Rector of the University of Ulm
- Prof. Dieter Fritsch, Former Rector of the University of Stuttgart
The president of the GUC is Prof. Dr. Eng. Yasser Hegazi.
The faculties are represented by German "Founding Deans" and "Cooperation Partners" of the partner universities. Each Founding Dean is supported by a Cooperation Partner from another university. Together with their Egyptian partners they have developed the curricula for the study programs, are supporting the establishment of the labs and are participating in the annual recruitment process for academic staff.