Of course nobody can predict how the COVID-19 pandemic will develop. It is possible that the GUC will cancel the exchange on short notice, or that new entry or exit restrictions will prevent mobility. The study at the GUC might be carried out completely or partially online. We are looking into virtual mobility or blended mobility opportunities, if the study abroad is partly completed in presence at the host university and partly virtually from home.
Eligibility and Application Process
In order to be eligible for a scholarship you need to be enrolled at Ulm University for a full degree program. At the beginning of the stay abroad, the first year of one’s studies must be completed.
- In the Bachelor's program, students usually go abroad in the third year; experience shows that the second year is too early.
- In the Master's program, students can go abroad with Erasmus+ from the first semester onwards.
- Students of medicine can only go abroad after completing their preliminary medical examination.
A mobility for study purposes needs to have a minimum length of 3 months (90 days) in order to be eligible for support; the maximum duration is 12 months (360 days).
You can receive Erasmus+ funding for a 1-2 semester study stay at the German University in Cairo (GUC). The application documents can be found below.
- 15.01. for the winter term that starts in September
- 15.05. for the summer term that starts in February
In order to study at the GUC, applicants must have a good command of English (at least B2). They have to provide proof of their language skills with a DAAD language certificate from the Language Center at Ulm University. Other language certificates are not accepted for reasons of comparability.
The scholarship is comprised of a one-time travel allowance amounting to 350€ and a monthly stipend of 700€.