Fast Facts About the GUC
The GUC has a high reputation in Egypt and Germany and represents the longstanding tradition of German-Egyptian education cooperation.
- Private non-profit university founded in 2002 according to German quality standards and Egyptian law
- Located in the Southeast of Cairo, a bustling Egyptian metropolis with a 3,000 year old history
- Several Baden-Württemberg universities and the DAAD have served as mentors and close strategic partners since the founding of the GUC
- More than 13,000 students
- State-of-the-art campus with high-tech laboratories, sports facilities, an industry and a solar park
- Study programmes accredited by ACQUIN leading to degrees of B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D.
- All classes taught in English, German as a foreign language mandatory part of the curriculum
- Campus in Berlin and German GUC Office in Ulm
- More than 40 % of the students study abroad, many of them in Germany